Friday, February 17, 2012

What exactly am I in search of...


se·rene

  [suh-reen]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
calm, peaceful, or tranquil; unruffled: a serene landscape;serene old age.
2.
clear; fair: serene weather.


I am a wife, lover, mother, daughter, sister, friend, pagan, coven sister and all things in between.  We all play many roles in our lives.  If you notice everything that I listed,  is actually what I am to other people.  What am I to me?  I guess that would be simple.  I am just me.  I do not have any requirements for what I am to myself, I do not fill a specific roll to me.  That is serene.  I am the only person that doesn't require/want/need anything from me.  That thought freed me more than  you can know.  Turning inward is important for our "feeding".

I am going to be Seeking the Serene from within and will be sharing my techniques and view points on information I obtain.  

The Goddess resides within me.  I must get to know her better and I will gain further knowledge of the person she is occupies.

  

1 comment:

  1. I'm the exact opposite! I often care very little about what others need or want from me, but am very demanding of myself. I am the person who requires the most from me and am disappointed and depressed when I don't live up to my own expectations. It's interesting how we're so aligned on some things but are so different in others.

    I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on other things! :)

    ReplyDelete