Monday, December 16, 2013

Crafty and Confidence.

So, I have always been the person who is too afraid to move because I am afraid of failure.  Many people are afraid of things and still find the courage to move, experiment, and grow.  I am working on becoming a mover.

I started this weekend with a craft project.  I was very insecure but I just had to do it.  My priestess is a very creative woman.  I assume she doesn't create the wonderful things she does by looking down her nose at a book.  Well, maybe some ideas she has gotten that way but she puts her own "spin", works with what feels right.  I admire her immensely.

During my crafting session I decided that I was going to follow the directions at first but then I was going to "flip it up", just a bit.  I started throwing in the ingredients the recipe called for but also other items, just to try it out.  I mean, what the hell?!  If it turned out bad, all I had to do was scrap it and start over. No biggie!

They actually all turned out pretty well.  I felt really good doing it.  Standing in my kitchen, drinking a bit of liquid courage, I felt close to my coven sisters even though they weren't physically there.  I felt their confidence in me and their encouragement.  It was very empowering.

Remember...Now that I no longer have to be perfect, I can be good.

I will write more about what I made after Yule, because I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Until next random thought...

Toodles and be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment