Friday, January 10, 2014

Wonderful winter wonderland with trees.

This winter has been magnificent. Beautiful and awesome. This has been the most "real" winter we have had in years.

It started with a nice storm. 


At least the sun is shining and smiling through the storm. The one on my fence anyway. 

Beautiful rays from the actual sun was a stunning site. Shining next to the frozen branches of a tree. 


Then, there were the holidays. I had Yule with my circle. We celebrated at my house and for the first time ever, I lead ritual. I was nervous but I was determined and I succeeded.



Part of ritual was writing things down that were negative or we no longer wanted from the darkness. We are thankful for the darkness. It is a part of us. Embrace it and learn from it. These are the things we set aflame. We released them back because we had gained what we needed.   


New life came after the holiday. A bouncing baby boy. He's so very precious and soft. 


It was so comforting to sit in the hospital and hold him and just stare at him. He's my nephew and I am so blessed to have a sister in law that allows me to go goo goo over her children. 


Then the big blizzard came. Beautiful and intense. Frozen pipes, dead cars and slippery roads. Keeping me young with all of the excitement of driving. 

Scenes from the aftermath. 


The branches were so heavy they were touching the ground. Well, the two feet of snow on the ground. 


We keep it interesting here in Michigan, as you can see. This morning we woke up to freezing drizzle and we are going to reach a balmy 38 degrees today after just a few days ago having a windchill of -48 degrees. Variety is the spice of life. 


That's not snow falling. It's fog. Made seeing on the drive to work a bit challenging but that keeps me on my toes. 


So that's my winter update for the moment. There's a spot for two, if you can stand the snow. I hope you enjoy the trees. 

Take care and be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment