Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I think it’s time for Old Man Winter to get Mother Nature drunk, and have a little fun making Spring…

Ya know, I am dreaming of the Caribbean right now.  I'm the idiot for saying so but that's on my mind.  And not just because of the weather.

 

Everything is beautiful, right?!  I mean really.

Yesterday morning I was standing in front of my car and looked up to see three crows flying over head.  There was a gloom in the air, a light dreamy snow, the homes that were nearby had chimney's billowing out smoke and it just felt majestic.  I felt honored to be in that moment and see that beautiful sight.  I think sometimes I am the only one who notices these things.  Watching a snow blower eject snow in an arc that has the sun behind it, just makes me smile.  I am sure the person pushing the snow blower doesn't see the beauty that I do, but maybe they should.  Might make snow blowing a bit more enjoyable, or possibly not.

winter 1

I feel like my camera never catches what my eyes do.  This was a beautiful picture of the serene snow, crescent moon and the sun just starting to come up over the tree line.  It was breath taking.  Or maybe, it wasn't.  That's why the picture doesn't look so great.  Maybe the picture actually captures what's there and I am making more of it than what it was.  I am actually glad most people do not see the world the way that I do.  Then we would all be pretty messed up.  YIKES!

 

So driving to work in the winter has always been uncomfortable for me.  Ever since my brother died, it put a new perspective on life.  Ya know, because if he could die at the age of 25 I sure as hell could too at the age of 20.  Some years have passed since then.  I have passed his age by almost 12 years now.  And the fear has never left me.  The fact of my mortality.  At least I'm not a shut in anymore.  Went through that for a bit but,  I can go out now.

My Impala has been really good to me.  She's a tank.  Sturdy and comfortable.  She has made me feel so safe and gotten me through anxiety filled moments while on the snow and ice covered roads.

winter 4

During this storm, they have been talking about the blizzard of 1978 a lot.  When I was growing up, that storm was legend.  I think it was really hard on my parents because I had been born so sick.  I was only 5 months old when the storm came.  I had just had open heart surgery 2 months prior.  My dad would always talk about having to ride the snow mobile to the store to get me formula or how they were going to get out if they needed to take me to the hospital when the snow covered the front door.  I have been a mess since I took my first breath.  I cannot imagine these roads in a rear wheel drive car.  Must have been an adventure.  Possibly no power steering either.  And think, no ABS!  Dear God, ya had to pump the breaks.  That, by the way, is a hard habit to break.  I still try to pump my breaks.  Oh lord.  Whatcha gonna do?!

winter 2

A very large mound of snow just off from the sidewalk.  It's been really cool.  I feel like I am walking through tunnels.  Watching my little dog trying to jump through the snow is really hilarious.

winter 5

Outside of work where I go to smoke.  That's the winter gear from far away.  I think I gained the pounds that were lost. But, I'm going to say that it's just the heavy winter gear making me look all fluffy.  Fluffy's not soo bad, right?!

We all deal with things in our own ways.  I am crafting more.  Laundry soap, bath salts that I made for presents for my sister group for Yule.  No, no one got naked and turned into cannibal zombie freakazoids.  Darn it all!  I know EXACTLY where to go when the zombie apocalypse happens.  At least I used to know where to go... :-/

I have also felted some wool balls for homemade fabric softener for the dryer.  Doesn't have all that nasty plastic coating on it to mess up the inside of your dryer and actually drys the clothes quicker.  WIN WIN, I say!

So now I am just waiting to collect too many cats and you might see me on an episode of hoarders talking about  how much I love my babies.  At least that's the sort of future for people who make laundry soap and felted wool balls is, isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment